Chances are, you’ve spent the past several months dreaming of the day you finally get to meet your baby! You’ve stocked up on baby gear, decorated the nursery and maybe even figured out how to correctly install that infant car seat. But don’t forget one of the most important third trimester to-dos: Deciding what to pack in your hospital bag—for baby, you and your partner.
So where to start? You don’t want to leave out any essentials, but there’s also no reason to overdo things
Hospital bag essentials: Birth Partner
You’ve meticulously gone through the hospital bag checklist for mom and baby—but don’t forget about packing a bag for your partner! Since you’ll both likely be spending a night or two (or more; hello c-section) in the maternity ward, gather up some overnight essentials—plus a few things to keep your partner occupied (labor can last for a good long while!)
- Cell phone and charger
- A change of clothes
- Toiletries: toothbrush, deodorant, face wash, shampoo, contact lens case and solution
- Snacks (you don’t want your partner eating all of yours!)
- Entertainment, whether it’s something to read, listen to or watch
- Camera with batteries, charger and an extra memory card (if you prefer something more professional than your phone)
- Any daily prescription medication—for both parents!